We hope your move-in day was successful and that you’ve settled into your new house for the year! We have some great events coming up this month and hope to see all you there. Check out the events calendar in this newsletter for more details.
Explore Baton Rouge
After move-in day, there’s only one week until school starts on August 21. Here’s a list of some of our favorite things to do!
Places to Visit:
- USS Kidd (Downtown)
- Blue Bayou (Perkins Road)
- Louisiana Art & Science Museum (Downtown)
- LSU Botanic Gardens (Essen Lane)
Places to Eat:
- Tsunami (Downtown)
- Lava Cantina (Downtown)
- Your Mom’s (Lee Drive & Burbank Drive)
- Ichiban (Essen Lane)
- Zea’s Rotisserie & Grill (Corporate Blvd.)
- Mr. Ronnie’s (Lee Drive)
- Baskin-Robbins (Lee Drive)
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m.
- Rent is due on the 1st of each month. Late fees will be assessed per the late fee schedule in your lease. If you have questions, contact the office.
- Pets must be registered. Failure to do so will result in a warning and a fine assessed per your lease agreement.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times. If your pet is not on a leash, you will be fined $250.
- Guests must be accompanied by residents to use the media room, conference room, pool, and volleyball court.
Make This Your Best Year Yet!
Welcome to a brand-new academic year. You’re off to a great start having chosen to live at a Campus Advantage community. Our goal is to give you an amazing experience! We’ll be providing you with events, resources, and information to help you thrive.
With that goal in mind, we asked returning residents and Campus Advantage team members for their tips! Here’s some of what they had to say:
- Meet your neighbors. Create memories that will last a lifetime!
- Don’t hesitate to get involved. The only things you will regret are the things you didn’t do.
- This is your journey to success! Make a difference, make friends, and make a life!
- Keep an open mind, and take care of one another. You are part of a community, not just a housing facility.
- Set goals for this year. What do you want to experience and accomplish? Make it happen!
- Get to know the staff! The entire team is here to help you succeed.
- Tell us how we can serve you better! Whether it’s an idea for an event or a concern about the community, we want to hear from you.
- Find balance between academics and a life outside of the classroom.
- If you have roommates, set mutual expectations now to avoid future conflicts.
- Join the fun! We’ll have community events for you to join and enjoy all year. Let us know what else you want to see.
We’re passionate about your success, not only in your living experience, but in all areas. Thank you for being part of this community. We look forward to making this your best year yet!
Community Events Calendar
Kona Ice — Monday, August 14 from noon–2 p.m. — Grab a refreshing treat to cool off during the heat of move-in day.
Poolside Pops — Tuesday, August 15, All Day — Popsicles will be served by the pool throughout the day!
Woof Wednesday — Wednesday, August 16 @ 2 p.m. — Bring your pup by the office and reward that sweet face with a treat!
Thirsty Thursday — Thursday, August 17 @ 1 p.m. — Drinks on us! Follow us on Snapchat to see how to claim your free Sonic drink.
Grill & Chill — Friday, August 18 @ 4 p.m. — End the week with hamburgers and hot dogs, and meet your neighbors and Community Assistants!
Breakfast on the Geaux — Monday, August 21 @ 8 a.m. — The first day of school requires a nutritious breakfast! On your way out, we’ll have food and drinks for you at the front gate.
Scavenger Hunt — August 21–25 — Follow us on Instagram @villasriverbend to receive your scavenger hunt list! The first person to turn in all the items to the office will receive a $25 gift card.
McGregor vs. Mayweather — Saturday, August 26 — Who do you think will be victorious? Join us for the show outside by the pool!