Hello, residents! Here at The Villas at Riverbend, we strive to give you an amazing experience that you would recommend to anyone. As part of that experience, we have multiple events planned to help you de-stress from school and enjoy your time here! Oh, and did we mention the free food?!
Electronic Keys: If it’s a rainy day and your fob isn’t working, wipe it dry and then hold it up to the door again. Often, the water won’t let the magnet register.
Always makes sure you are locking your house and your car doors.
Pest Control: Pest control comes every Monday. Do not put in work orders regarding pests. All requests can be made through the leasing office up until Monday morning.
Reminders and Updates
- Rent is due on or before the 3rd of the month. On the 4th, it is considered late. Paying online is easy and convenient! We also accept checks and money orders made out to The Villas at Riverbend.
- No cash payments are accepted.
- Please check your online portal for any outstanding balances. No partial payments are allowed.
- Please check your rent balance to verify pet fees are correctly added (if applicable).
Tips on Living with Roommates!
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there’s actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle these situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting: Set up a time for all roommates to get together and have a proactive conversation about each person’s preferences and expectations when it comes to cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others belongings or food, etc.
- Be open minded: You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space: Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having space to themselves once in a while. Make sure you’re sharing time in common areas and respecting each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out: Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before it gets out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation. Passive-aggressive behaviors won’t help.
- Divide responsibilities: While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide other responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone plays their part.
- Use conflict resolution backup: While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. The management team is trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process if necessary, but is also happy to provide you with tips and tools to handle it yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care about each other’s well-being, the many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
Community Events Calendar
Instagram Giveaway — September 11–13 — Keep an eye on our Instagram on the 11th to enter and win a $40 gift card! Choose between GameStop and Kendra Scott!
Shaving Cream Fight — September 14 @ 3 p.m. — Think you got what it takes? Challenge your roommates to a shaving cream fight!
Grocery Bingo — September 20 @ 6 p.m. — Come and test your luck to win some free groceries!