Summer is officially here! Check out our events listed in this newsletter, and stop by the clubhouse to keep cool. We’ll always have cookies in the clubhouse to satisfy a sweet tooth or a cup of coffee to get you through the day.
Know anyone going to orientation? We’ve got a ton of tips and tricks on how to survive that you can share with your friends! Visit www.studentlivingbatonrouge.com/orientation-survival-guide for our recommendations on what to do, where to stay, what to bring, and how to get an exclusive Orientation Survival Kit from one of our communities!
We currently have ONE two-bedroom furnished unit left for the fall. If you have any interested friends, let them know!
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m.
- Rent is due on the 1st of each month. Late fees will be applied per the late fee schedule in your lease.
- Pets must be registered. Failure to do so will result in a warning violation and a $250 fine against the residents in the home. If you have a new pet, please come by the office to fill out your pet exhibit.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times. Any pet not on a leash will be fined $250.
- Guests must be accompanied by residents to use the pool area and volleyball court.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Red, Blue, and YOU — Saturday, July 1 @ 2 p.m. — Celebrate Independence Day early with us! Bomb Pops will be provided to keep you cool!
Homemade Ice Cream — Wednesday, July 12 @ 6:30 p.m. — We’re going to show you how to make ice cream the quick and easy way! Stop by and see how.
Roommate Mixer — Tuesday, July 18 @ 6 p.m. — Come with your current roommate or plan to meet up with your future roomie! We’ll have food, drinks, and games.